|Shock Treatment||Water Testing||Opening your Pool for Summer||Closing your Pool for Winter||Hard & Soft Water Areas|
Sometimes too much chlorine gets into the pool - often by accidentally overdosing with chlorine or after shock dosing to get rid of algae. It is not recommended to swim in water with more than 3 parts per million chlorine. Chlorine remover (sodium thiosulphate) will remove that chlorine so you can swim straight away. Be careful not to overdose chlorine remover or you will have to add lots of chlorine to remove the chlorine remover. That is good for chemical suppliers profits but not for your pocket....
As a general rule 2 litres of Dechlorinator per 10,000 gallons of pool water will reduce the chlorine level by 5 parts per million (ppm).
CAUTION: Underdose rather then overdose